Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

4 P/A Blossom blocks done

I tell ya...you guys are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! I LOVE the focus in the center and for the pineapple corners...this is going to be a PURDY quilt! I cut some strips but have a lot to go. All the focus is cut but I had to make a few blocks to see if this was going to work! It does! ;)
This quilt was a round robin with my 2 sisters who live in MN. The center was a photo on Webshots and I scanned it and then printed us each a copy using Printed Treasures photo paper. The pink rose was our mom's favorite flower so it was appropriate that we make a quilt using this as our centers. I did the work to the dark green border, right before the black with pink roses fabric squares starts. Then my sister did thru the pink border. My other sister did the green on the outside. I am going to quilt it as it is and use it as a wallhanging somewhere.

Hugs
Laurie

8 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Oh man, Oh man, Oh man, I love it!!! I want it!!! Good job!

Jeanne said...

The pineapples are lookin' good! Your round robin will really be a cherished keepsake!

Hunter said...

The colors and the patterns on both quilts are so amazing. I'm going to be staring at both these quilts all afternoon.

Thank you so much for sharing.
Darilyn

Granny said...

Well .. goes to show you what I know! I didn't think it would work and it looks great! That is going to be so pretty!

Hey, I remember that round robin! It will be a fantastic wall hanging with lots of family memories!

Judy

Catnapping said...

I love these. You have a natural way with colour choice.

Brava!

The Calico Cat said...

Love teh way those blocks are coming together & the round robin.

I have a cat applique block that I think needs to be the center of a round robin, becasue I can not figureout what to do to it.....

Finn said...

Really, really turned out well. Grat job!!

Trish said...

Hello Laurie--I love your bright pineapple blocks! What size are you making them, and how many blocks are planned? Your round robin is lovely too. I agree the Printed Treasures is great, but I've mostly used it for labels. My only complaint is that it is hard to hand-applique though when sewing the label on the quilt.

trish
www.randomthreads.com