Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Susan G Komen, Mother's Day, and turning the big 5-0!!!

YEP...all of my blog title happened TODAY!!! I ran my first 5K for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer run, I talked to all of my 4 amazing kids, AND turned the big 5-0!!! It's been a super fun day even though I'm super duper tired!!! And, I'm super duper happy!!!

Here Steve and I are before the race at the Mall of America! It was almost 12 years of survival for me!

Ya gotta stretch out ya know! Avoid pulled muscles and all!! I DID IT!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! I ran the WHOLE way without walking!!!
Post race: I ran in celebration of me...Steve in celebration of his wife Laurie!! A victory kiss was in order! Steve was sooooo very proud of me and I was proud of myself as well! Bring on next year!!!
Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations Laurie on all that you accomplished on your big 50! Most of all Happy Birthday and I am so thankful that you are a survivor, it has given me a chance to know and enjoy a special friend! H/LY

KnittySue said...

Congratulations Laurie and Steve...my goodness what a day. Turning 50, Mother's Day and a big big Run.
You Rock.............*v*