Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Is it possible...

to be happy and sad about something at the same time??? My DH is changing jobs a week from Monday. He is SUPER excited about this new endeavor but sad to be leaving his coworkers that he now works with. He has been with this company, in MN and here in KC, for 17 years!!! That is a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time and when DH told the CEO in KC that he was leaving, the KC CEO called the CEO in NYC to see what job they could offer DH in order to keep him. The company doesn't want to lose an employee of DH's caliber...but DH knows this opportunity is a once in a lifetime opportunity! NOTHING they could offer him would keep him.

SO...we got back from Orlando yesterday and DH had planned on going into his office for a bit today to start cleaning out his files/office. When he got home from his office, it was obvious that he was a bit cranky. I finally asked him if he was cranky and he said a little. I gave him a hug and said, "It was hard to clean out your files today wasn't it?". He agreed. I told him it's ok to be sad and that this week was going to be difficult. Next week will probably be difficult to a degree since it's all NEW and will be slow due to learning the new company's business!

I never thought I'd say this, but I really wanted DH to get this job. We are now talking about downsizing and moving closer to downtown KC so that DH doesn't have to commute 20+ miles one way/day. In bad weather or if an accident happens, it can take him over an hour to get home or to work. He has been doing this for 20+ years and it's time he get to relax a bit and not spend so much time in a car. I actually like living here FINALLY and this will probably be DH's last job before he retires. The odds of going back to MN seem to be slim to none. I'm OK with that too!!! I really am!!!

OK...that was my ramblings for the day!
Hugs
Laurie

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

Keith and I were just talking today about our moving to Minneapolis with this company and whether he thinks he'll want to stay. He's been with them for 6+ years now and - surprise - we love Minneapolis. In the end, whatever he decides to do in the future is fine. We're committed through November but this move has taught me that sometimes change turns out much better than expected.