Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, June 04, 2009

A new life looms...

Tomorrow I fly to Mn and tie up loose ends on our condo. I will be with Steve, the love of my life, and feel like life starts anew. We fly to Maui on Sunday for a week with his parents and then it's back to KS to have us packed and moved to MN. It's a very disconcerting time in my life. I am sad...yet incredibly happy to be with Steve. It's been a difficult 9 months apart (although we had a lot of times together)...but talking on the phone every night at 8:00 just isn't the same as getting caught up in person over dinner.

Leaving kids and friends behind breaks my heart...but when I got married, almost 27 years ago, it was for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness in health, until death do us part. And this living apart...well, in one word...it SUCKS...............

Keep us in your prayers...pray our house in KS sells...and that I find friends to love like the friends that I love so much here in KS.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Prayers continue for you Laurie...and many ((((((HUGS))))) also! You make friends so easily it will happen in MN too. I know it is a tough move, but think of this part = YOU WILL BE WITH STEVE full time!! H/LY

Ellen said...

You'll find new friends to love, because YOU are so lovable! You have my prayers, my friend.

jacquie said...

thinking of you lately...we're trying to get our move done too...can't sell our townhome either....i've got my fingers crossed for a sale for you and a happy transition to your new home.