Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

House...

So...we had an offer on our house in KS today...an INSULTING offer at that! They offered us $100K less than our asking price and that offer is $30K less than we paid for it 8yrs ago minus the pool, the landscaping around the pool, the finished basement, the granite countertops, and the theatre room and its equipment. WOW...really???????????? Is this a JOKE? I know the real estate business is rough right now but seriously people...make an offer that shows you want the house.

After reading the offer that our realtor sent via email...the couple only qualify for a sales price of $350K. IF, and I repeat IF...we said yes to this insulting offer...these people couldn't afford the property taxes and upkeep of the pool. What are people thinking? We've had a mortgage crisis here in America and they would be just another chapter in that book if we agreed to sell it to them...WHICH WE ARE NOT GOING TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening to me vent! PS...the sewing room is ALMOST done...I might be able to purchase what I need for my design wall and cutting board area! WOOHOO!!!

6 comments:

KnittySue said...

YOU GO GIRL! People all over are trying to get something for nothing...stand your ground...FMV is FMV. The right people will come along I just know it.
NOW...I can't wait for more house pictures....LOTS.
Take care and I'm so glad you didn't bend to the offer.
LOL>>LOL the word varification below for me to type is "ponsi"...

Barb said...

Well that is stinky...hold the thought = the right buyers are out there, just not this time! Focus on that sewingroom, it will help you to pull your thoughts back together... no additional $$ in the bank acct. but it might help to think quilting right now! H/LY

Anonymous said...

Well, that just sucks! People can be so awful trying to take advantage of others. Glad you are sticking to your guns. Enjoy your new home and time with hubby. Soon we'll be hearing that you sold it to the right people at the right price! Good luck!
Deanne

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I just found your blog from Barb at We Quilt. What a slap in the face to be offered that kind of money for your place; I'm sure they loved your home. Hopefully things will work out for both of you.

tami said...

Oh, I am so sorry. We have been having that problem with our house as well. It is so hard in this economy.

jacquie said...

that sucks! some people are just bloodsuckers. good for you for holding out. we haven't even bothered to list our townhome. it'll happen for you...keep the faith!