Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, November 26, 2005

A Busy Day


WOW...today sure was busy! It was a great day though! I started out my day by going to jazzercise. Then there was laundry, cleaning the kitchen 3x, making 2 homemade pizzas for dinner, and working on a comfort quilt! It was SO much fun to sit down and quilt without a care in the world!!!

This quilt top is a culmination of blocks from CA to PA!! 9 different quilters participated in this. I have the top together except for the borders. I want to try to jazz it up a bit with the border. So that will be another day's project!

The comfort quilt is for parents of an 11yo girl who died of cancer on 11/1 of this year. This same group of quilters made comfort quilts for the girl and her sister, who donated marrow to her sister, at the time of the bone marrow transplant. We felt that the parents, in their time of grief needed a comfort quilt for them to snuggle under.

I have the binding to work on for the wine consultant's quilt. She will receive that tomorrow! Sure hope she likes it! ;)

OK...time to bake the pizzas so we can eat!

2 comments:

Granny said...

Looks great! Such a thoughtful and meaningful project for this family.

You're cutting it close with the wine consultant's quilt. But that's what makes life interesting, huh?

Think you could get a picture when you give it to her?

Judy L.

Laurie said...

The binding is DONE! And I called it "Fine Wining"! LOL...and yes Judy, I hope to get a picture of her when she opens it! Stay tuned!