Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

On the Road Again!!!

I am heading out for a 5 day road trip tomorrow. I will head to Waverly, IA tomorrow where I'll meet up with my 2 sisters. We'll shop a bit and then go to my DS's soccer game at Wartburg College. It should be a great game as DH's team is ranked #17 and Wartburg is rated #20 in the nation.

Saturday my sisters and I will continue to visit and play. I am taking handwork with as well! I know we'll have a great time!

Sunday, I head to Kenosha, WI for another soccer game for DS. After the game, DS will ride with me to Chicago. We'll probably get a bit to eat for dinner and then I'll take him to his dorm. AFter that I will head to my hotel. I have 2 days and 3 nights there waiting for DS's game on Tuesday PM!

On Wednesday I will head back home to KS where my youngest DS plays soccer for his HS team! WHEW...I'll be tired!!!

I'm looking forward to this trip but in a way I'm not. DH left town yesterday, is on his way home tonight but I'll probably be in bed before he gets home. Tomorrow I MIGHT see him in the morning before I leave. If not, we won't see each other until a week from today. That's a LONG time! We'll survive but I still will miss him terribly!

I did get the king size quilt done and the binding machine stitched on. I will get the hand stitching done on my trip! I am also taking my applique hearts to work on! I'm also taking my laptop with since I'll be gone so long! ;o)

Hugs
Laurie

2 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Have fun! Sounds like you have a busy line-up. And - a little hand worked packed on the side is always great for the waiting times!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Shelina said...

Looks like you have lots of plans for handstitching on your trip. I once took hemmed something while on a trip. I wished I had brought myself something more to do. Good for you for having your huge quilt so close to completion!