Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Thanks for the great ideas!!

It was nice to post again and I appreciate so very much the idea of just keeping this as a journal for ME!!!! Sometimes life has to be "all about ME!" That is what I am going to from now on. I'll read and post where I want and update here as I have time...not necessarily about quilting either. Life right now is full of so much more than quilting. Soccer consumes the fall season around here and I wouldn't have it any other way! ;-D

Speaking of soccer, my dh and I are headed to Bloomington, IL to watch our 3rd child, Kevin, play college soccer for North Park University! We just love that we are fortunate enough to have the financial capability and the time to do this!

On the quilting front, I am attempting to make my first King Size Quilt. I wanted this to be fast and showcase the gorgeous paisley fabric so I chose the Ohio Star. ( love stars) I got the blocks done the other day and this morning I figured I could get a bit done before heading out of town. What do you think? It's nothing fancy, but DH and I are loving it! Even if it's far from finished! LOL



Here is a closeup of the paisley fabric!

10 comments:

Patti said...

It's perfect! I love paisley fabrics, and this one is a beauty. In the end, the only thing that matters is that the two of you love it. Good to see you posting again!

Silverthimble said...

Nice fabric. Your piecing is flawless. I was working on some triangle pieces last night and my points don't look as perfect as yours!

Shelina said...

This is so beautiful. The paisley fabric really sets it off nicely. I think to cut it up into small pieces would have done it an injustice.

Eileen said...

That paisley looks like one of the Rhapsody fabrics by Judy Martin. I like the way you've showcased in the stars.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is a great pattern to showcase a lovely fabric! I bought an expensive paisley this spring for a border and enough to add a bit to my scrap pile!

Enjoy your traveling time with the soccer games and your DH's company! Sounds like lots of fun!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Granny said...

Laurie: That is a great pattern to showcase the paisley. Have fun on your trip!

Judy L.

Gail said...

You chose a perfect block for that paisley, can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Melzie said...

That is very pretty and crisp looking :) Glad you are back to posting. I dont post ONLY quilt stuff, sometimes a couple weeks go by that I dont even sew :) xoxo melzie

Mary Johnson said...

Laurie, I'm glad you decided to continue to blog. I love the new quilt - sometimes simple is best.

Nancy said...

I love that paisley fabric! But then I have a weakness for paisley. :-)

I'm glad to see you decided to keep blogging. I missed you when you were away and will enjoy reading whatever you want to post about whenever you have a chance.