Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Friday, October 06, 2006

The DAMAGE from my road trip!

Well, here ya go! Pictures of my shopping in Iowa! GOLLY it was FUN!!! I added several dot FQ's to the collection and will make the house quilt out of it! I think I'll call the quilt "Freddy Moran meets Buggy Barn"!!!!!!!! LOL...what do ya think?
These are 3 squares with a rose in various stages of opening. One says, Hope, Love, and Peace! I will put them on the bathroom counter! One more thing for the cleaning people to dust! ;-D
This banner will hang on our front door this winter! It has 2 of my FAVORITE things...a snowman and a cardinal! I just HAD to have it!!! My sisters agreed!
Here's a closeup of 4 FQ packets that I bought of breast cancer fabrics. The black will be the border and backing...I think I'll make a courthouse steps or log cabin with this one. The hot pink batik (shown on the snowman flannel in the first photo will be the center of the blocks and also the stopo border!)
SO...that's it! I think I did done good! LOLOL

Hugs
Laurie

6 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

I just bought that Stash Box pattern too. Looks fun! Love the new dots, especially the squarish ones on the lower left. Bright fun!

Silverthimble said...

That is a beautiful shade of green. It goes perfectly with those breast cancer fabrics! I love the roses. Are they ceramic? I also have a weakness for snowmen and so I would likely have come home with that banner too!

Unknown said...

I love those pinks and that black. Ya done good.

Hugs,
Melinda

quiltpixie said...

OMG can I come shopping with you!.... looks like you had a great time.

Mary Johnson said...

I just finished my Pink Quilt out of the Moda Quilt Pink fabrics - these look different but they're cute.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow-wee! Looks like a great shopping trip!!! And don't you just love it when your sisters tell you to buy something so perfect for you! Love your banner.

Cheers!

Evelyn