Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

What a Rest Stop!!!

While driving to Chicago yesterday to watch Kevin play soccer, my dd and I stopped at a wayside rest in Iowa. (it's off interstate 80 somewhere about 2 hours east of Des Moines) I just HAD to get the camera and take pics of this! It was just too amazing! My DD called me a DORK! EH, whatever...I gently but firmly reminded her what keeps her warm at night! ;-)

This is one wall on the outside of the rest stop.

The floor in the lobby of the rest stop.
This is the wall between the entrance to the women's restroom and the exit! TOTALLY COOL!!!
The other outside wall of the rest stop...
I hope when you click on the following 2 pics that you can read them. They describe the Underground Railrood quilts.

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Laurie

5 comments:

quiltpixie said...

almost enough to make me try stopping at those disgusting places (I don't know about you, but here they're usually pretty gross)

Anonymous said...

I probably would've taken pictures too. What a neat surprise to find quilt-related decorations at a rest-stop.

Nancy said...

How cool is that! Thanks for sharing.

Laurie Ann said...

Wow, fancy rest stop! You're not a dork! That's really neat.

Susan Tidwell said...

What a great find! I have read about the underground railroad using quilts as symbols, and the stories and theories are scoffed at by historians, but this is an excellent display of the legend. Thanks for sharing!