Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

What I did today...

Sometimes commissioned work is fun, sometimes it's not! I like to make tshirt quilts for others and have had some fun with them. But, this one was tough...METALLICA tshirts!!! ICK...so I dug in today and got to it. Finding the right sashing/cornerstone fabs was the hardest part. I thought it needed color to jazz it up...but I was WRONG...I'm actually pleased with how this turned out. Now to quilt and bind it. I'll post again when it's done!

This is for the son of a gal that I did one for her DD. When her son saw his sister's quilt he was IMPRESSED and said it was COOL! LOL...his mom said he NEVER gets excited about anything so she figured she had a great Christmas idea for him!



Hugs
Laurie

4 comments:

Gail said...

My oldest would have loved this quilt a few years ago (maybe still would). There were years and years that he would only wear black tee shirts like these...I wonder if he still has them.

The Calico Cat said...

I think you chose great sashing & corner stones - maybe red binding....

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great job! I just had a funny thought - I hope the son knew that his Mom took his shirts to be CUT up! Well, into a quilt - he can't complain about that can he? I think he will love it. I just remember though that once my Mom cut up an old concert T-shirt of mine for cleaning - I would have prefered a quilt! You are well ahead of Christmas with this one!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Mary Johnson said...

I agree that sashing fabric is perfect. The quilt looks great and I'm sure he'll love it - it's very cool.