Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Quilty Weekend continues

I am having sooooooooooo much fun this weekend!!! I bought a book called "One Block Wonder" and am using it to make a quilt for my son's firestation. They had a major trauma at 3AM today and my 18yo son witnessed his first dead person. He is handling it well and the firefighters he was with told him they were there to listen if he wanted to talk. I hate that DS saw this, but it had to happen sooner or later. The good news (if there is any) is that it was an ATV accident, both drunker than drunk, the passenger lived, took hours to get help for the driver who was crushed under the "Gator" (due to her being drunk). I'm sure Dan will keep that in his memory bank for a long time.

SO...I did what any quilter would do. I started to make a quilt. Here is what I have done so far. I am just LOVING this!
Laurie



2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks really good. Prayers for DS.

Hugs,
Melinda

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Looking wonderful - I love blocks that "make" a different design, but first you have to sew it together to see what it will be - keeps me sewing!
Cheers!
Evelyn