Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Cancer Survivor's Park in Palm Springs, CA

8 years ago, when DH and I went to CA to celebrate my being done with chemo for my breast cancer, we found this Cancer Survivor Park. Of course I wanted to stop. We stopped again last week when we were in CA vacationing. This first picture is me walking thru the "LIFE" tunnel! (that's what I call it) It's hard to explain, but it makes me feel like the cancer will NEVER come back when I walk thru there! The last 2 pics are of plaques that I hope will help just ONE if not more cancer patients continue to fight and win their battle!
Hugs
Laurie



4 comments:

Barb said...

Laurie first may I say ~ you look "good" :>) (your programs are working) and walking thru the tunnel makes you look even better! I pray that YOU will never experience the *C* again! You are a SURVIVOR and I am happy to say you are an awesome friend! H/LY

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Laurie, how wonderful that you are posting so much about cancer during the month of August! In the wide world of the internet you never know who might read something that you wrote that will really help them. You are a wonderful and kind hearted person to share your story.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Laurie, It is wonderful to get that news, that you can be a survior, don't ever give up the fight. I own a quilt store, we did a quilt for a cure day in August, and did some quilt raffles, we also put together a cookbook which we sold with all profits going to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. This year alone the shop and it's wonderful customers have donated almost $7,000, and we're not done yet! If you e-mail me an address I would love to send you a cook book:)

Anonymous said...

My Dear Laurie, My two sisters & I visited the park in Palm Springs.
We shed tears of joy, hope and gratitude that were inspired by the meaningfulness and beauty around us. One of us survived ,CA the other a Chemo Nurse-and the third, a Nurse who has worked with Cancer patients. I took Photos to post on my ward to inspire my patients LuLu Warren R.N.