Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

My weekend UFO top completion

The blocks were half assembled but all the rows had to be put together. It is from the book "One Block Wonder" bye Maxine Rosenthal and it'll probably by my "One Quilt Wonder" as well! LOL...this was tedious. I like how it turned out but I like faster projects! ;o) I was making this for my son to take to the station and let the firefighters use it...he is not sure he wants to do that cuz there are too many "6 packs" blocks staring at him! LOL I might send it to a fire station in San Diego and thank the firefighters there for their hard work during the fires. We'll see how Dan feels after I get it quilted.

Here's a close up of some of the blocks.

I wanted to make it longer so I used Tanya's letters to spell out fire. Then I carefully chose the firefighters from the fabric to put on the sides of it. I could've used one of the topless men! ROFL!

And finally, a picture of the whole cloth fabric.


So there it is! A productive weekend and a messy sewing room! :o)
Laurie

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

You did get it done! Good for you. I also finished up the quilting on the top I was doing for Mom so a productive weekend all the way around.

Teri said...

that is way cool! I agree, too many 6 packs staring in the face, cool use of the fabric though.

Teri

The Calico Cat said...

This cracks me up! I used this print to explain to a "new" quilter what an "Adult I Spy" quilt would include... The "Oh, " get it!" look was priceless!)