Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Accomplishments...

I have been inspired by Mary at http://maryquilts.blogspot.com/ to do a postcard journal. I couldn't get this neat idea out of my head so I jumped in today. I did one to commemorate the firefighter's quilt I made for Dan's graduation from firefighting quilt. I am going to try to make a postcard for all quilts from here on out and write on the back of it the details of why the quilt was made.
Here is the front:

Here's the back:


On a different note, I have 2 gals who clean the house every other week. They have admired my quilts all the time and hinted they would love to have one. I finally gave them some tops and said "pick one out". I finished those and will give them to the gals tomorrow. I am only showing one becauwe the 2nd one has some bad feelings attached to them for me.


Have a great day everyone!
Laurie

3 comments:

Barb said...

Laurie ~ "Postcard journal" interesting...explain please!

Beautiful quilt that you are showing us (do ya need another cleaning gal? ;>D).....and I AM SORRY about the "bad feelings" connected to the 2nd quilt..Luv ya my friend! H/LY

Mary Johnson said...

I wondered if you were going to use the postcards as a quilt documentation *project*. What a great idea and you'll have a bit of each of the quilts you make to keep.

I was thinking this afternoon that my next journal postcard with be something with Chesty and his visit to the hospital. I think I'll go for a folk art look since I can't draw anything realistic!

Shelina said...

The postcard journal is very intriguing. What a good way to commemorate your quilts - especially the ones you give away. This quilt is really pretty - so bright and vivid. I hope the other one has bad feelings relating to the past and not about giving it to the person. It will be nice to get it out of the house if so.