Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, November 05, 2007

Accomplishments...and a new ADDICTION!!

I have become addicted to the quilted postcards! I do my own thing...no rules...my goal is to journal quilts that I make from here on out! Barb asked me in a previous post about the process. It's pretty simple...buy some PELTEX in the interfacing section of your favorite hobby store and cut it into 4x6 pieces using your rotary cutter. Use your favorite fusible web, fabrics from the project you want to journal about and a lot of imagination!!!! The key is to have fun! I haven't been able to use ALL of the fabrics in the following projects, but used a LOT of them. I try to use a lighter fabric on the back so that I can do the journaling on the back. I use a zigzag stitch around the raw edges using a 2.5 x 1.0 stich length.

This is the second one that I made journaling Dan's firefighting quilt. Dan liked the first one (see previous post below) so well that he wanted to keep it! LOL...it's ok cuz I got to make a NEW one!! This is the front:

This is the back:

This is a mystery quilt top from Glad Creations Quilt Shop in Minneapolis, MN. I was on a roll with the project until travelling got in the way, starting with our 25th Anniversary trip to Hawaii in June! I finished the top today! The colors don't show well here but it is yummy shades of browns/oranges/reds/greens with a neutral background. DH said, "OH COOL...a fall quilt!" All of Glad's mystery quilts becomes a pattern!

The day wouldn't have been complete if I hadn't done my journaling! Here is the front:

And here is the back:

Last, but certainly not least, is the adorable flip-flop quilt! It's small but is meant to be a lap, not a full size quilt. A friend asked me to make this for her SIL. It was easy to throw together so I did this today as well!

And...you guessed it...JOURNAL IT!!! Here is the front of the journal postcard:

And here is the back:

So there you have it! I have been back in my quilting room and am LOVIN' IT!!! It has been awhile and I have missed it! You might have noticed on the last 2 postcards that I put the date when the top was finished...leaving room for when it truly becomes a Q-U-I-L-T!!!! How is THAT for accurate journaling!!!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my accomplishments for the past few days!
Hugs
Laurie

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one addicted to these postcards. They are fun aren't they??

Barb said...

I do love this idea...thanks for sharing Laurie...and Mary for giving Laurie the start with the idea :>)!!

Laurie your pics are very neat, causes the creative juices to flow, but *OH TO* retire and use all of my "creative juices"! Keep on sharing your ideas with the postcard journal I love seeing the pics, bring them along to Hershey next year please!! H/LY