Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Holly Jolly Pineapple

Progress is being made! I am thinking about using the tri-rec ruler and making Christmas trees to place on the top and bottom before adding borders. I want it to be a little bit longer. Right now it measures 37"x48". If I add 3" trees it'll be 37"x54" without borders. Hmmmm...I'm not sure now what I'll do...thinking thinking thinking! LOL



UPDATE:
Well, I am trying to make this quilt out of a fq tower. I wish I had some yardage of SOMETHING here (preferably the turquoise for the p/a centers and the tree backgrounds) to do a stop border. BUT...I do NOT want to buy more fabric. NO NO NO...this is the border treatment that I came up with. I'm not sure I like it, but then again, I can do some fun feathers on the wider borders to try to soften them. Any suggestions? Likes? Dislikes? Be honest with me...I can handle it! LOL...I am going to wait to proceed on this for at least a day or 2.
Thanks,
Laurie

3 comments:

Barb said...

Cool quilt, love the colors Laurie! I have looked at your pics and I have enlarged the shot...and I do like your border plan, trees and changing the border colors...but everytime I look at it, I feel like it needs a narrow border to stop my eyes (??) before I hit the border, does this make sense?

Fortunately YOU have excellent and creative ideas...so I KNOW I WILL LOVE seeing what you end up with!! It is COOOOOOOOL!! H/LY

Lisa D. said...

I love your pineapple quilt, it looks great! I don't know... I think it needs something to contain it before the tree border, but I understand you not wanting to purchase any more fabric. It is very cute just like this. Do what makes YOU happy!

Rose said...

I really love the pineapple part of it and I like the borders, but definitely feel like it needs a small inner border or flange. But I would take it like it is in a heartbeat,too. Love those colors!