Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

What a vacation!!!

We had a super time on our vacation to Palm Desert. We always have our first dinner at this place...then we get groceries.

Do these guys know how to make a pizza or WHAT?? Just a few calories here! LOL

Here is the first sunset from the deck of our villa...gorgeous!!!!

Tired but happy travelers!

There was a babbling brook out our back deck and this little guy was there almost every morning just trying to stay cool. Temps only got down to the low 90's and then got into unseasonably high temps...2 days hit 122 degrees! Even the pool wasn't refreshing...

Our second night for dinner we went to Fusion One 11. It is a little hole in the wall and serves Tapas dishes...basically small plates so you can try several different items. We started out with bruschetta...it was heavenly! Like how he wrote "Fusion" in it? Menu description: Roasted Garlic & Red Peppers, Goat Cheese, Fresh Basil and Kalamata Olives with Grilled Baguette

Then some HUGE shrimp...WOW these were to die for!!! I forgot to take the pic before we had already eaten 2 of them! Here is the description from the menu: Almond Encrusted Jumbo Prawns with Gingered Carrots and a Pineapple Soy Glaze

This was a Crab, Avocado and Smoked Gouda Enchilada topped with a Black Bean and Roasted Corn Relish

Ya gotta have wine with your Tapas!!!

Dessert anyone? LOL Berries and ice cream...the sundae of the day! YUMMY!!!

I'll end this post here. More tomorrow!!! I don't want to overwhelm you!!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Great vacation pics Laurie, that sundae looks yummy! Hmmmmm makes me think I will need to fix myself a strawberry sundae tonight for sure! I am glad you and Steve had a fun time on that anniversary trip!

Mary Johnson said...

Looks you had a great time! I'm looking forward to a couple days sitting by the pool/beach (depending on where I get the best bar service!)