Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's DONE!!!

WHEW...this quilt was a big one! LOL...but it is GORGEOUS and I hope my longarm quilting enhanced it. Sure hope the maker and her grandma like it!!!!! I haven't quilted a quilt this densely in a long time! It sure was fun to do though!

This is the center, log-cabin medallion. I incorporated the ferns, hearts, and the leaves from the body of the quilt into the center. not sure why it looks like purples (at least on my monitor, but they are browns) CLICK THE IMAGE TO ENLARGE...

Here is the full length of the quilt...hard to get it all in!

the brown border represents wind, the yellow is leaves, and the body has the leafy/ferny type quilting.

part of the back...I used a green thread and Superior So Fine...

A closeup of the back...

the medallion back

Tomorrow I'll get it shipped to PA!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Mickey said...

WOW!!!!! Laurie, you did an absolutely wonderful job on it. It is so beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person. Great Job!!!

Your quilting buddy,
Mickey :)

Mary Johnson said...

You sound like I felt tonight when I finally finished the quilt on my frame - glad to be finished! Autumn quilts are my favorites - nice job!

Barb said...

WOW ~ AWESOME!! Laurie you have "done it again" ~~ great job my friend! Oh my, I will be anxious to have that UPS brown truck arrive with the special box! LOVE IT!! H/LY

Laurie Quilts said...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL! Amazing work by the quilter & the piecer.....

Rose said...

Laurie, you did a fabulous job--maybe you and Mickey should be partners. She could make the quilt tops and you could do the quilting. This is just so beautiful!