Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Catching up...

I was gone for a week and could not upload any pictures. BAH...so here is my week in a nutshell!!!

Last Wednesday, our son Kevin and his college soccer team had their first conference playoff game against the #1 team in the conference. We managed to score first and that was AWESOME!!! Then our luck turned, starting with a bogus red card against our top defender. SO...for 3/4 of the game we played a man short and were down 2-1 at half. Do you think DS is a bit upset at the start of the second half????

The boys fought hard...very hard and ended up losing 4-2. DANG...this pic tells it all...no words necessary. The Gathje soccer era came to an end that night...my heart was aching as well. *sigh* I've been a soccer mom for 21 years...this transition will be hard. I am SOOO very proud of Kevin though!!! (the athlete with his head down is the one who was kicked out of the game...his last game as a North Park Viking as he is a senior.)

I drove back to MN with dh and was bored silly! LOL...on Saturday my niece got married. Here is my sister (mom of the bride) and my dad walking her down the aisle.

And...introducing Tricia and Ryan...the newlyweds!!! Don't they look happy?????

Then on Sunday, DH and I drove around a bit looking at condos. I think we might've found something in Minneapolis that we both like. It would be new construction and I would get to pick out all the "stuff"! Time will tell...I waver between being excited about condo living and wanting a house with a yard. This is a huge decision and not one to take lightly.


I drove home today...sleeping in my own bed will be super. Also...i need to get my eating habits back...I've gained at least 10 lbs since this whole move stuff happened. I HAVE TO GET CONTROL BACK!!!

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

If you'd driven north on Washington, you wouldn't have been far from us. We looked at a bunch of Condos but I'm not a fan of them. We have lots of steps in the townhouse but I like walking out the door and being outside and while our yard is a *common* one, we have trees and grass and flowers and I don't even have to do yardwork.

jacquie said...

arrrg! sorry about the game, but he's had quite a ride! you must be exhausted. so stressful, moving and looking for a new place.

Barb said...

Laurie your life is a whirlwind right now, lots of time on the road, food on the run, and the stress of it all ~ you will get those few extra lbs off in no time. Don't be so hard on yourself, JUST TAKE CARE of yourself. H/LY