Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Today would be my mom's 78th birthday. Unfortunately, God called her to him in May of 1992. I still miss mom terribly. It amazes me how often I want to talk to her about NOTHING!!! And sometimes I want to talk to her about EVERYTHING!!! (does that make sense?) She was a women of faith, grace, dignity, and integrity. She set the best example of how to live life to the fullest!

Mom died of ovarian cancer and was so full of faith and courage through her 7.5 year battle. I remembered that during my battle with breast cancer almost 10 years ago. God truly blessed me when the woman I call "MOM" gave me life!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!! Some day we'll be together again!!!
LOVE YOU!!!

5 comments:

Rose said...

What a wonderful way to feel about your mom...sounds like you had a great mom and a wonderful relationship with her.

Jocey said...

What a nice tribute to your mother. I know how you feel. My mom has been gone for 12 years and sometimes I still pick up the phone to dial her number. I miss her terribly.

tami said...

I'm so sorry about your mom. It sounds like you had a wonderful relationship.
I know exactly how you feel. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer in April of 2007. I so much miss just having someone to talk to who knows me like no one else does.

Barb said...

Laurie, your mom would be very proud of you, I am sure she is looking down on you with much pride and love! I honestly do understand your desire to talk with her about *nothing and everything*, I feel the same about my mom, and I miss her everyday. I lost my mom to Breast Cancer and I will always admire her courage! H/LY

jacquie said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your mom. it must be terribly hard to be without her.