Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING and post #400!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!!! I hope you have a day full of family, food, laughs, good health, and gratitude! In this day and age we are living in, I have a LOT to be grateful for. I wanted to share a few of the things that I am grateful for.

First is the love of my life, Steve!!! Over 26 years ago he asked me to dance at his sister's (my best friend) wedding and we've been dancing ever since!!! I am thankful that he has a job and one that provides well for us. He also LOVES his job and enjoys going to work! I love you Steve and am thankful that God gave you to me!!

I am also grateful for my only daughter. She is working hard to be self sufficient and is pretty successful at it! She is a CSR for Staples Promotional Products and she LOVES her job!!! I love you Sarah and am grateful that God gave you to me!!!

Then there's these two yahoo's! LOL...my oldest and the 3rd child. Both are great kids. The oldest struggles but is working hard at living on his own! The 3rd guy...well he'll be our only college graduate in May! It will be amazing!!! I love you Joe and Kevin and am grateful God gave you to me!!!!

Then...there's Autumn! She's my DD's dog and I just LOVE her to tears! This is a picture of Autumn when there was a thunderstorm going on. She is a scaredy pants during storms and you can see the fret on her brow...just LOVE this one!!! I love you Autumn and am grateful that God brought you into our family!!!

Then I can't let this post go without a picture of my AWESOME girlfriends!!! I'm gonna miss the daily contact when I move! LOVE YOU GALS and am grateful God gave you to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW...last but not least...I saved the BEST part of my thankfulness for last!!! Dan, our youngest, has been a part-time firefighter in Johnson County. He applied for a full time position last week and it has been tense waiting to see who got the job. It came down to him and a guy named Mike. Mike is about 8 years older than Dan but Dan has logged more hours than Mike. Dan also has been dedicated to the JCFD since he was 14yo. He found out at about 4pm yesterday that he GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH it was such a HAPPY day here! LOTS of hugs and tears (my tears) that his hard work paid off. Chief Johnson told Dan it was close and he almost flipped a coin to decide. But instead the Chief went through both of their work records and he told Dan he chose him because of his part-time hours logged and his dedication to the department. Chief Johnson did tell Dan that he wants him to work on his maturity! LOLOL...I can't tell you how many people tell me that Dan is the most mature 19yo they've ever met...and they are right. That comment stemmed from Dan getting a page an hour before he was told to meet with Chief Johnson for a second interview on Monday. Dan said he was so nervous that he stuttered a bit! GOSH...I would too given an hour to prepare for something you hadn't anticipated! But anywho...Dan is now a full-time firefighter and starts work on Sunday! SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is selfish about this for me is that since DH and I are moving back to MN (dh is already there for his new job), I have peace of mind knowing that Dan is employed full time and will be OK without his mom nearby!
SO...here are pics of Dan as a little guy who knew then he wanted to be a fireman, him going to work at JCFD, with a firetruck at the department, and lastly, his helmet!
I love you Dan and am grateful God gave you to me!!!!! Stay safe and thank you for being a public servant!!!!!

SO...there ya have it...my 400th post and why I am thankful!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations on your post #400 Laurie! Also your Thanksgiving blog entry is wonderful. Your family is going in so many directions, but they always know where home is! No matter if it be MN or KS, the family knows you are there for them! H/LY

jacquie said...

a pretty great post for #400! way to go DAN!!!

Rose said...

Congratulations on your 400th post, and congratulations to your firefighter son! I enjoyed this post entirely.

Ramona-quilter said...

Tell you son, congratulations on his recent job. I don't know why folks become firefighters, but I sure am glad that they do. Our town has been hit twice in the last 4 years with wildfires and I don't know how we could have made it without the dedication and work of these firefighters. I know that you are busting with pride for him. You did good, Mom.