Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tote Bag...

Well, here is the project of the day for me! WHEW...it took longer than I thought it would but I am so very pleased with the outcome!!! It is another Lazy Girl Design and as always, super directions!!! The directions called for steam-a-seam and my Joann's didn't have it on the bolt so I had to go with Pellon 72F and it was very firm. I am not sure what steam-a-seam is like but the Pellon 72F makes for a pretty stiff tote.

You'll notice (when you enlarge the pics) that I used red and yellow thread to topstitch. When finishing the edges of the bag, there is a ton of zigzagging and it used up my whole spool of red thread. I was NOT going to Joann's on a Sunday for another spool of red thread so I saw a design opportunity and switched to yellow! LOL...works for me!

This side of the tote is a shorter pocket than the above.


And here is the inside of the tote...pockets and bottom of the bag as well.

In 2 weeks DH and I are going on vacation to CA and I wanted a new pool tote for our books, ipods, cell phones and any other stuff that we drag to the pool with us. I think this suits my needs just fine!!!
Now for a shower (yep, still in my jammies) and reading the newspaper! I hope everyone had a super Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

Barb said...

WOW oh WOW that is a neat bag, what fun making that one! Do you like that it is stiff, or would you have preferred the *steam-a-seam*? CA here you come in two weeks, have fun! H/LY

vonnie said...

Have a fun get-away in California!!!....your tote bag will be the envy of everyone....Take care...

KnittySue said...

That is such a pretty bag...love the fish. I do need one of those. I still have fish fabric to use up before it all becomes NONO's.
Thanks for sharing...and have a load of fun on that vacation.

jacquie said...

i love both of your bags. a getaway to california...how fun! soak up some sun for me!!