Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Back from the Desert

We made it back with an uneventful trip! The temps were HOT HOT HOT and we spent a lot of time poolside...and Finn...no eye pokes with the umbrellas in the drinks! ;o) This is a pic of a hummingbird that was always outside of our villa. He or she was there every day. Actually, 3 of them were always there to greet me each morning! This is the view outside of our villa. I took a picture every morning because the mountains always looked different. This was my favorite morning though because of the clouds.
One day we went up the tram to the mountain...there was about a 35 degree temperature drop and it felt good. We spent about 3 hours or so hiking around and soaking in the beauty!
Here are my goofy guys and their walking sticks...you can see that Dh took this waaaaaaay too seriously! LOL...we got a good laugh out of it!!
This was sunset one night after we came out of the Italian restaurant at the hotel. We had an AMAZING dinner with AMAZING service and then walked outside to an AMAZING sunset!!! Does life get any better than this? I don't think so!
I also had time to go to a new quilt/bead store. I bought some FQ'S for dh (peppers...japeno type peppers) and a necklace for myself. I had to talk the owner into selling the necklace to me. She had promised it to an employee and then said aw heck, my husband can make another one!!! I call that being a smart business woman!!!

I caught up a bit on everyone's blogs...sounds like many of you have been busy! Tomorrow it's groceries and cleaning...UGH...reality stinks!!! ;o)

Hugs
Laurie

9 comments:

ForestJane said...

Beautiful pictures!

Are you going to post a picture of the necklace?

KC Quilter said...

Wow, some beautiful shots!!! Isn't California just a gorgeous spot?? I, too, would love to see your new necklace. Welcome back!

Linda C said...

Welcome home, Laurie. I had to giggle over the picture of the guys with their walking stick. Your husband is quite a joker, isn't he? Wonderful scenery.

quiltpixie said...

So lets see this necklace....

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation - and the pictures are great. I like your DH's walking stick!

Finn said...

Hi Laurie, so glad you are home with no eye pokes..*VBS* and that you had such a wonderful time!!! The pictures are great...hope you'll share the FS's and the necklace also...Hugs, Finn

Laurie Ann said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! Your DH looks like he has a good sense of humor! Glad you got some shopping done too.

Cher said...

sounds like the best vacation ever!
too bad you had to come home huh?

Vicky said...

Was it Monica's you went to? A neat store.

Your pix are gorgeous! Glad you had such a great time!

((HUGS))