Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Haiku's...Evelyn started it...BLAME HER! LOL

Mine is not about nature...it is about quilting! What else? ;o)

Quilting's sew much fun
There is sew much to be done
We quilter's are one

HAHAHAHAHA...not bad for my first try! Second try? This time about being a soccer mom!

Soccer is my life
Along with being a wife
No wonder there's strife!

OMG...this is too much fun! I remember having to write these in school! Let's see, nature...

A cardinal is a bird
Gorgeous sound when they are heard
Red is their color

OK...that's it for tonight! Thanks Evelyn for bringing back English class memories!!!

Anyone wanna join in?
Hugs
Laurie

11 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hey - great job! I love the soccer Mom one - very funny! Watch out - before you know it you will start counting out all kinds of verses on your fingers.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie,
I was visiting your Beautiful Minnesota last weekend, what a great state to be from it is so pretty there...We were in Eden Prairie and Excelsior ..I will be going back for sure I can see myself living there on the water..
Hugs Tina in Blue Springs
By the way how does it feel to live in one of the top ten cities in the US, a very nice honor...

Bonnie said...

Haiku was not taught in my school. What are the rules? It would be fun to try it.

Laurie said...

first line, 5 sylLables
second line, 7 syllables
third line, 5 syllables...that's it!

ForestJane said...

Ohh, fun, I'll try to make some too. :)

Eileen said...

Nice haikus-I had to do them in HS and I was so bad at it. lol
I've been reading your archives and I have a question for you-what made you make the switch from doing customer quilts to making t-shirt quilts? I'm currently trying to do both plus drive a schoolbus.
If you'd email me, I'd appreciate it. Addy is on my blog.

Finn said...

Great poems Laurie!! I can't join you, sorry, I only think in prose..*VBS*

Linda C said...

I wrote some haiku in high school--it might be around here somewhere. I probably will laugh my butt of if I read it now.

Unknown said...

Laurie, I hope all is well for you, it's been a while since you last posted. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. Tina in Blue Springs

Pam said...

oh where oh where has Laurie gone..oh where oh where can she be???? Check in, we miss you!

Linda C said...

my, oh, my where has our Laurie gone? Hope there is nothing wrong and you are just on vacation somewhere!