Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

How does your garden grow???

I haven't done anything quilty lately so I thought I'd share some of the garden! It is GORGEOUS right now...lots of colors going on! This is our Rose of Sharon bush...did you know there's a pattern called "Rose of Sharon"? I believe it's an applique block...probably one I could handle! LOL...I might have to look it up! This is a shot of a LOT of Hibiscus blooms! GOSH...this is just GORGEOUS right now! With TONS more blooms to come as you can see! The droop looking ones in the bottom left aren't OLD, they are just awakening!!!
Here's a closeup of one bloom! STUNNING huh? ;o)
I have no clue waht these are, but I zoomed in so you could see the worker bee here! Pollination and Mother Nature at it's best!!!
DH is out running and I need to shower. Then off to church, lunch, and possibly a soccer game...it's so DARN HOT here...heat advisory thru tomorrow night. Triple digit temps and heat indexes even HIGHER!!

Hugs
Laurie

7 comments:

Linda C said...

Laurie, I am so glad you posted a picture of the flowers. We have a Rose of Sharon bush in our back yard and yes, it is appliqued quilt block that looks a whole lot like the same of the blossom.

BUT we have notice a big huge pink bloom at several houses near us and as usual, no clue as to what they were. I called DJ in here to show him that they were hibicus. Thanks for the botany lesson today.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I think it is the time of year when we all should stop, pause, and enjoy the beautiful flowers!

Cheers!

Evelyn

ForestJane said...

Ohh, such beautiful flowers. Are the flowers under your right-hand sidebar (your background) from your garden too?

Laurie said...

No Forest Jane...those are templates I found somewhere online!
Hugs
Laurie

Finn said...

The flowers are absolutely gorgeous..*VBS* It's it nice that they just bloom their little hearts out for us and our viewing pleasure?? What exquisite blossoms!

Do be careful with this heat wave..seems to be every where right now.

Saska said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Mine are pretty, but are constantly thirsty! It IS hot!

Cher said...

yes, your flowers are gorgeous! thanks for sharing...