Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Quilting and Faith/Tim concert

I ACTUALLY QUILTED TODAY!!! I realized that I had this tshirt quilt to finish up for one of my DS's high school friends. I had told her I'd have it done before she went back to college...she's leaving on August 2!!! Now to trim and bind! This is a closeup of the quilting...not sure if you can see it or not...it's just my random meandering! Something fun and fast!
The Faith Hill/Tim McGraw concert was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No warmup band and no intermission...just 2 hours and 40 mins of SOLID music! It was GREAT!!! They opened with a duet and then Faith performed for awhile. Then Tim joined her for another duet and afterwards Faith left the stage for Tim to perform solo. Then they finished with more duets! We were only 11 rows from one of the 4 runways that came off the circle center stage. PHENOMENAL!!!! If you haven't seen them and love them...GO GET TICKETS!!!

Hugs
Laurie

8 comments:

Linda C said...

Almost a finish then---go, Laurie. go. Sew, Laurie, sew, LOL.

Mary Johnson said...

Glad you enjoyed the concert. August 2nd seems awful early to be heading back to college!

quiltpixie said...

love the quilt, and it sounds like you had a great time at the concert. Glad life is going well

Passionate Quilter said...

glad you enjoyed the concert. My 24 yo daughter with Down's took her two sisters to see them at their kickoff tour concert in Columbus. I guess it was pretty awesome, even though Faith forgot the words to one song--her fans filled in, and my daughter was the loudest! She LOVES Faith and Shania and the whole country music scene.

Granny said...

WOW! Can't believe you got to see them!

Judy L.

Laurie Ann said...

Glad you had a great time! Love the t-shirt quilt and so will she!

Samantha said...

that's a VERY fun T-shirt quilt!

Susan Tidwell said...

Love the t-shirt quilts. I made my girls one each a while back, but just tied together with yarn. Now the batting is all bunched up, so repairs are in order. Thanks for the ideas!