Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

OH HAPPY DAY!!!


My youngest son Dan wanted to get into firefighting school this summer. He was one of 30 candidates for only 15 spots. He was rejected because he didn't have any certifications (EMT, firefighting, Paramedic, etc). He was bummed but figured he'd just keep working on all of the certs. and hopefully get into the firefighting classes next year.

Well...today he got a call from the fire department and they asked if he was still interested in the school because a person dropped out!!! HE SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is SOOOOOOOO excited as we all are in the family!!!!! This is just a happy day for us!!!!!

I wanted to share! We are THRILLED!!!!!! The picture above was taken at Sea World in Orlando over spring break. I just thought the logo was great! BELIEVE!!!! That's what Dan did and look what happened!!!!!

3 comments:

KnittySue said...

OH HOW WONDERFUL! 2 big events in a week...he's on a roll to success. The sign say's it all and don't we know it. Keep us up on how he's doing...it's so nice to see you posting again, missed ya.
Your proud and believeing friend..Sue

Gail said...

YIPEEE! Good for Dan! It's wonderful that he gets to do something he has dreamed of. Also, wonderful that it is something of service to others. And his attitude after the initial disappointment....sounds like a great kid, Mom!

Linda C said...

Congrats to you all--first on the graduation and getting closer to his dream. I bet he didn't waste any time in saying "yes" to the class opening after thinking that he was going to have to wait till 08. Yahoo!