Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

On a HAPPIER note...

Here is what I have been working my butt off doing the past 3 days!!!!! The pattern is from Terry Atkinson's new book called "Happy Hour". The pattern is "Between Friends Junior", obviously a modified rail fence pattern. I am making this for my daughter's boyfriend's bday which is TOMORROW! LOL...he LOVES superman so I found the fabric on ebay, not the BEST fabric and I had some struggles with it, but he will LOVE it just the same! The last pic is of my DD's dog (she's a yellow lab and terrier mix) with the back of the quilt. Tomorrow I will trim, make a label, and bind. We'll give it to him tomorrow. My DD doesn't know it yet, but I am putting her name on the label as part of the gift givers. She said, "Kevin will like your present better than mine!" I don't want her to be disappointed!
Hugs
Laurie



3 comments:

Barb said...

You are amazing...3 days to do the entire *quilt* process ~ you give a whole new meaning to 'giterdun' and quick! I like it, a bit of shading and the variation in strip width is neat! Reminds me of the *Grad Quilt* of 2 years ago...but the strip width was the same through out! Why were you NOT HAPPY with the "Superman" fabric was it quality or design? H/LY Barb

Gail said...

Looks llike a very fun and happy quilt, I'm sure he will love it!

Shelina said...

That's a pretty quilt - I like the 3-D look to it. You are quick!