Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Angel Quilt Delivered

Last night the Angel quilt was delivered. Marg was taken to Linda and Bill's house under the pretense that it was a retirement party for Bill! She was SHOCKED when Linda handed her a box. "WHAT IS THIS?", Marg said. "This is Bill's party". NOPE...She opened the quilt and tears flowed. A gentlemen, whose name I forgot, read the label out loud to everyone! There were a LOT of hugs and thank yous for me. One gal said "Thank you so much for being our angel. Bill and Linda said all you asked for is to keep you in our prayers...and you have them!" I cannot tell you how honored I was to be included in the gift opening/quilt receiving festivities!

The best part is that the treatment that Marg is receiving is WORKING!!! She has not had any chemo or radiation OR surgery! They are treating this with the same medicine I am on to PREVENT a recurrence! I guess Marg's success is proof that Femara WORKS!!! She looks great and healthy...

The pic here is of me, bottom left, Bill, Linda, and Marg (in the orange). Lots of smiles all around!!!
Hugs
Laurie

10 comments:

ForestJane said...

What a lovely quilt, and a wonderful surprise for her!

Jeanne said...

How wonderfully this all worked out. You were an angel in all of this surprise!!! And hugs to you and Marg -- survivors high-five!
Jeanne :)

Granny said...

Great picture of the quilt and you all. You look great too! I think you look a lot younger since you've lost weight!

Judy L.

Vicky said...

What a happy ending to this story! Thanks for sharing it with us, Laurie. You are truly an angel!

The Calico Cat said...

wow... (enough said!)

Hunter said...

Thank you for sharing such a happy moment with us. :)

Darilyn

Linda C said...

What a happy bunch you are in the picture! You are blessed by lending a hand to the couple in the quilt shop and Marg's treatment plan is working.

Finn said...

what a beautiful picture!! I think it speaks almost louder than words.
Your blessing will be many dear Laurie...I'm sure of it!! Hugs, finn

Cher said...

hip hip hooray! what a wonderful story and beautiful smiles.

Mary Johnson said...

How nice that you were able to be there when the quilt was presented.

I'm sure it will bring her lots of comfort and good for you for taking it on and seeing that an idea became reality.