Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Lancaster Goods!!!

This is a picture of all the patterns and gadgets that I bought!!! I found a place that has gorgeous but simple floral applique patterns...bought a bunch! http://www.distinctivepieces.com Check them out. I found this fabric at Sauders. It is a striped coordinate to the fabrics that I bought in February and am doing the applique hearts with. The smaller piece is going to be the stop border. I included a sample of 2 of the heart blocks.

This fabric I got at Zooks. WOW...I just HAD TO HAVE THIS FLORAL!!! And of course with the prices so darn good I bought coordinating stuff as well! The bottom part of the pic is truer to color with the focus fabric. The fabric below the green is a deep brown/burgundy color! This is going to be YUMMY!!! But first...I have to figure out what I will do with this puppy!!!
Here is a pic of the bright batiks at $5/yard that I got. I figured as long as I was getting a yard of each bright that I might as well buy the mulit-colored batik as well and use it as a focus...I'm thinking bow-tie for this one...but that could change by the time I actually get around to making it! ;o) AND...last but not least...thanks to Laurie Ann posting her polka dot quilt...I decided I needed to start a new fabric collection...what better than BRIGHT POLKA DOTS????!!!!! Thanks Laurie Ann!!!
SO...there you have it...my Lancaster stash!!!

Last night my dh and boys went to see James Taylor. It was in a venue that holds about 2500 people...old and quaint...but HOT cuz the air conditioning broke yesterday and the high yesterday was near 90 degrees! But it was a very good concert and I enjoyed it! So did my boys!!!

Now to the longarm...I really MUST get something done today down there!
Have a great day!
Hugs
Laurie

14 comments:

Hanne said...

Lovely purchases - the flower blocks will look ever so good when they are done. I am looking forward to follow your progress

Melzie said...

I am swoooooooning over your green polka dot! Great buys cant wait to see what they make :) xoxo melzie

Vicky said...

Your fabrics are gorgeous! What a haul! I couldn't even pick a favorite from them - although you know I'm leaning towards the dots!!

Does your pattern maker have a website? I'd love to take a look at all of her stuff. Just lovely!

Linda C said...

I like the little spring dividers you put in, Laurie--cute!

You shopped well--very well, LOL. Look forward to seeing what you do with the groupings.

Laurie said...

Vicky,
The link is above. It's www.distinctivepieces.com If you wanted the applique pattern site...it might be too basic for you!
Laurie

Mary Johnson said...

My sister has done a bunch of those applique patterns. They're always at the Mid Atlantic Quilt show and she has to buy new patterns each year.

Love James Taylor - lucky you seeing him in concert.

Vicky said...

Thanks, Laurie. I'm heading over there right now to check them out. I really like those!

Hunter said...

It was so much fun seeing what you bought. I keep putting the first floral material in my cart and taking it out.

And James Taylor. Wow. Now I have "Fire and Rain" in my head. What fun.

Happy Easter.
Darilyn

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great buys... yes, definately buy everything that co-ordinates at the same time... save yourself a huge hunt later. Lots of good variety too.

Sounds like a fun concert too.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Cher said...

great shopping! love that you have plans or not for most of this fabric :-) especially enjoyed the brights haul...you did great!

Granny said...

oh, Laurie! What beautiful fabric. I want to go shopping with you. I love everything you bought!! I like the iris grouping best of all . . but I surely do love those polka dots.

Judy L.

The Calico Cat said...

Wow you sure had fun in Lancaster county... I have a distinctive pieces kit - roses in a vase that is as old as mud!

Love the fabrics that you bought! I did not make it to Zooks, Sauders, The Old Country Store, etc. which is for the better since I am going to Australia in a month...

& I live close enought to do it later...

The Calico Cat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Samantha said...

sounsd like you had a LOT of fun!