Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Lancaster Quilt Show

It was a SUPER trip! It really only rained one whole day! ;o) Friday it rained in the morning but then was quite nice! The quilts were GORGEOUS! There are so many talented quilters out there!!

I arrived on Thursday and hooked up with my friends! Getting caught up was so much fun!!! Friday was spent shopping at the show and looking at all the gorgeous eye candy! I managed to get a few things at the show but spent most of my money Friday night shopping at the local quilt stores near where we stayed.

The prices there are AMAZING and the fabric is very good quality! $5/yard for BATIKS!!!!!!!!!! I bought several BRIGHT batiks with no design on them!!! WOOHOO...not sure what I'll do with 'em but having them on hand is NOT a bad thing!!!!

Saturday we stitched in the lobby and had show and tell. Then a few friends that I hadn't seen in a couple of years stopped by our hotel and we chatted for a couple of hours. We had met on the Alex Anderson message board a few years ago!

Sunday I was taken to the airport by Tracey and able to get home at 5:30 PM instead of 11PM!!! That was WONDERFUL!!!

Here is a link to the quilts that I too pics of!
Quilts
ENJOY!
Hugs
Laurie

8 comments:

Linda C said...

Welcome, Laurie. Sounds like you had a great time shopping and visiting with your fellow quilting buddies. The link didn't post with your note however.

Granny said...

I thought about you a whole bunch and wondered what you were doing . . shopping, looking, gabbing . . glad you had a great trip.

I also thought about Kevin and the storms on Thursday. Hope he was fine without you there to comfort him.

Glad you're back!

Judy L.

Cher said...

woohoo! bright batiks at $5 a yard...you did good! sounds like too much fun-glad you were able to go and have such a wonderful time.

Laurie Ann said...

Glad you had a good time. Welcome back! The pictures were lovely!

Samantha said...

welcome home, so glad you had fun! i ahve batik envy- $5 a yard?? wow!

Finn said...

Hey...you did good, both with fabric and the picture taking...*VBS* Glad to hear you nice a nice time...

quiltpixie said...

Sounds like a great time was had! Lucky you :-)

Jeanne said...

Welcome home! I love the quilt with the leaves!
Jeanne :)