Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Our first pool swimmer of the year!!!!

Last night I went to see KC & the Sunshine Band! It was FUN!!! Disco sucks but the dancing was fun and KC does have some good songs!!! (OK...maybe disco wasn't so bad!) My 2 girlfriends and I went to dinner first at PFChangs and then on to the music!!!

This morning I woke up, made the bed, then opened the blind. NOW...this is very UNUSUAL for me because I usually wait to make the bed until after I've jazzercised and showered. WHY did I open the blind this EARLY morning???? I think God wanted me to giggle!!! I was laughing so hard...you see, rarely do I see mallards in KS (in MN they are all over the place), much less swimming in my pool!!! He was just as content as could be. I yelled to DH to hurry up and come see this. By that time DH got to the window the mallard was on the pool ledge cleaning himself. DH went back into the bathroom to get ready for work and I said "HURRY UP!" again. DH got to see the duck...and the silly duck was looking for fish while swimming in our POOL!! ;o)

SO...this was my happy start to my day...and as Jeanne would say, I'm grateful for Matthew Mallard making me SMILE!!!

DH and I are off to Chicago today. We're going to go see our son. He has a girl he wants us to meet and a church service he wants us to go to with them. We will be gone until Monday. I'm looking forward to it!

Have a great weekend!!!
Hugs
Laurie

12 comments:

Vicky said...

That's too funny! Poor little duckie has lost his way! And seeing the mallard reminds me of a costume in a dance recital when I was a kid. Now I'm giggling!

Have a giggly kinda day, Laurie! ((HUGS))

Pam said...

Hilarious!

Jeanne said...

Smiling at the duck :)
Have a good visit -- hope the girl is nice!
Jeanne

The Calico Cat said...

:o) Now I "want" to post a picture of our goose - she is nesting outside of my office building.

Finn said...

what wonderful fun to have a mallard in your pool...*VBS* I suppose he saw it as a perfect opportunity to relax...LOL Poor sad him at not finding food so readily at hand.

Hope you have a wonderful time in Chicage!! Hugs, Finn

Mary Johnson said...

Very funny - I've got ducks swimming outside today too but they're in the LAKE!

I love PF Changs - I think I need my husband to take me there for dinner again now that you've mentioned it.

Have a good weekend with your son.

Linda C said...

I'm guessing that Matthew Mallard saw that water and hoped it was a lake. Hope he doesn't bring the whole flock in with him!

Son has a girlfriend to meet? Could this be serious?

Have a good time in the Windy City!

ForestJane said...

Friend of mine bought some duck decoys to float in her pool during a party. The pool looked so empty when her kids got their toys out, she felt like it needed something... The next morning, she had 2 ducks - and they stopped and nested in her yard, had 4 little ducklings. They were cute till her husband had to start scrubbing the duck poop off the pool deck every morning!

Granny said...

He's beautiful! If there's a duck in the pool, what makes you so sure there isn't also a fish in there? :)

Judy L.

Passionate Quilter said...

too funny--wonder if more will follow? or if he'll spread the word that it's a lousy place to eat--no food! hahaha

Hunter said...

Thank you for the giggle, Laurie. :)

Darilyn

Hunter said...

That's the way, I like it
That's the way, I like it
That's the way, I like it
That's the way, I like it


(Guess what's been going through my head today. Thanks Laurie.)

LOL.
Darilyn