Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Still here

I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words about my mom! She was a special lady.

Another special lady, whom I met once in person, and was in contact with on various quilting message boards, lost her battle with brain cancer on Sunday. Cheri was a neat lady and it was an honor to have dinner with her and her dh 2.5 yrs ago or so. I will be traveling to Arkansas tomorrow to represent several of her internet quilty friends. Her dd is also an avid quilter, I haven't met her in person yet, but we have a special friendship. It will be a difficult trip and full of emotion.

Please keep Cheri's family in your prayers over the next few days and weeks to come! I'll check in when I get back.

Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!
Hugs
Laurie

8 comments:

ForestJane said...

Drive safe and be careful!

Vicky said...

Laurie, please let Melinda and the family know that they are being prayed for on several message boards. Cheri was a sweet lady. Safe travels, sweetie. (((HUGS)))

Granny said...

Laurie: You are so thoughtful and considerate to go to AR to be with the family and pay your respects. This has been such a sad time for them and I am sure they will really appreciate your being there.

Judy L.

Laurie Ann said...

Have a safe trip! You and your friend's family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Finn said...

So very sorry to hear you have lost a friend. It's never an easy piece. My deepest sympathy to you and all who loved her, and my admiration to you, for being that kind of a friend. Hugs, Finn

Linda C said...

my sympathies, Laurie.

Cher said...

how very kind of you to go and do that-I am sure they will so appreciate your being there and support. hugs

Hunter said...

Safe journey and hurry home.

Darilyn