Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

911 CELL PHONE LOCATOR

my cell phone,russos cell phone,andreas cell phone
I thought this was important to pass along. Please post it on your blog as well. This incident happened only about 5 miles from our house. It took me about a minute to find this setting and it was on E911. It is now on "location on" setting.

You may remember that a young woman was recently abducted from a
Target parking lot in Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City. Her body was
discovered many miles away in Missouri. They were able to locate her
by the sequence of cell phone towers that picked up her cell phone
location. She had not attempted to dial out, but when her family was
trying to call her the towers could sense her phone. Sadly, the
authorities were not able to reach her in time. However, they were
able to locate her body which was in an area where they never would have
searched without the cell phone tower information. The cell phone "locator" can be either set on "E911" in which case you
must dial out to be located, or it can be set to be on all the time -
"location on". There is no negative consequence (like higher batteryuse) from having it on all the time. With it on all the time you can be located by emergency services through the police if you fail to respond
(sick, injured, or worse). I think this is worth passing it on.

You can find "location" either under "Settings" then "Location" or
"Tools" then "System" then "Location" and it will give you the option
of 911 or Location on.

IN ALL FAIRNESS I FELT IT NECESSARY TO POST THIS LINK...IT'S STILL WORTH CHANGING YOUR SETTINGS:
http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/cellping.asp

No comments: