Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, July 09, 2007

Surgery for Kevin

Today my son had ACL repair on his right knee. He is deathly AFRAID of needles so putting in the IV was a rough time for him. But we had a SUPER nurse and she did a SUPER job handling Kevin and she said his vein was SUPER as well! But I felt so badly for him. We said a few prayers together to get thru it.

He is now home recovering and so far so good. Pain killers are a great thing! :o) We will be sure to keep on top of those. Tomorrow we can unlock his brace and he can start flexing it. He will start rehab on Wednesday. I'm sure that will not be a picnic but it's necessary.

I am playing nurse and will help him get thru this. Here he is on the couch! He is already talking about getting himself back on the soccer field next fall. He will obviously have to redshirt this year. We'll get him there eventually!

Laurie

4 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Glad he came through the surgery OK. He does not look happy!!

The Calico Cat said...

Glad he came through o.k. I hate needles too, but I am getting better. How does he like the panty hose? (Funny story there about my grandfather after surgery...)

Gail said...

He doesn't look too pleased, yet, but I'm glad things are going well. Best wishes for a quick and easy recovery.

KnittySue said...

Hope his recovery is a quick one, I was in that position twice...it is frustruating. When are you going to show some Hawii pictures? Glad to see you had a good time.