Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Always Remember

7 years ago today, life in America as we knew it, safe, free, and full of life, turned to a country of despair and sorrow, fear and resolve, and we knew that the terrorists would not win this war.

I remember coming home from running errands and turning the TV on...I was stunned. I also remember my kids coming home from school and 3 of the 4 watched it all unfold on tv. Our 3rd child was a freshman in HS and the principal gave the teachers the right to teach their curriculum or watch history unfold. I was stunned and angry that Kevin was not allowed to see first hand what was going on with our country. His teachers chose to teach their curriculum.

A year later, after moving to KS, Kev asked me to take him to a tv station here that was allowing people to sign a huge memorial for the families/victims of 911. I couldn't tell him no...so we went.

My heart goes out to all...my dh was supposed to be in the Twin Towers that fateful day, but God saw fit to cancel those travel plans. THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

My brother's office in the Pentagon was in the area hit - luckily he wasn't in that day either. I'm very sorry so many others lost their lives but am thankful Pat wasn't one of them.