Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

FLOODING IN CHICAGO...

My son goes to college at North Park University in Chicago. We left there yesterday and there were torrential rains. We were able to get thru the traffic and drive pretty uneventfully back to home. These are pics from campus that Kev sent me last night. They have evacuated 3 buildings on campus. Kev also said he lost power in the apartment this morning and he said it most likely won't be back on til tomorrow.

This weather is really reeking havoc with the midwest. I wish it would stop. Please keep everyone in your prayers.

Laurie


3 comments:

vonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vonnie said...

Yes...........prayers for those in Chicago and Texas and other areas of the South. You take care, too.

Rose said...

I forgot about you going up there! We sure had some wind here and quite a bit of rain...luckily we didn't have to be out in it any. I am glad you made it home safe.