Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, September 08, 2008

*SIGH*

The past month has been hellacious. From troubles with the oldest, the job interview/offers/counter offers for dh, our 3rd son being hospitalized for a severe infection and my flying to Chicago to be with him. Our oldest moved out, the youngest helped him and he was tired, thought he had his truck in drive but it was in neutral, the truck slid backwards into a loading dock and trashed his tailgate to the tune of $872, our dd moved out and it goes on and on and on!

DH took the job offer and we are moving back to MN. That means cleaning and decluttering, getting window cleaners in place, painters in for estimates and work, carpet cleaning to take care of and "staging" this house! UGH...calgon take me away! Today I felt like I got nothing done but I did...dh reminded me of it all!!!

Tomorrow the painters come and so do the window cleaners. I HAVE got to clean my sewing room and get that done! THEN...on Wed I leave for 5 days to watch Kev play soccer. I have to let it all go...it needs to be handed over to God and I have to have faith that it will be fine!!!

As for the move...it's a mixed bag of emotions. If this had happened 2 years ago I'd be jumping up and down. But now I have a 2 kids living here and a ton of great girlfriends! I am thrilled for DH and this opportunity, the financial security that it provides, going back to parents and siblings, but I am sad to be living a place that I have grown to LOVE!!!

Life is not going to slow down...

5 comments:

KnittySue said...

Do you feel the big HUG I'm sending. Just take it one day at a time and leave it in God's hands and you it will all work out gloriously.

country mouse said...

So sorry to hear of all the things you are dealing with. I can empathize...different stuff, same stress level. Hope you see the light at the end of the tunnel real soon and things start looking up for you. Big, quilty hugs to you!

Mary Johnson said...

Laurie, I can definitely relate to a lot of your stress! I hope all the kid stuff is sorted out quickly and you can manage to take the move one step at a time.

As much as I love Minneapolis, after being back on the East coast most of the last two weeks I was ready to move back.(Almost!)

However, today's an absolutely lovely day in MN and after a walk to the post office and grocery store, I'm really content to be here for now.

Barb said...

Heavy load, but there is a reason! God will watch over all of your stresses, it is just hard to recognize it when He does! (((((((((HUGS)))))))) galore and plentiful prayers! H/LY

jacquie said...

keep the faith laurie, it's going to settle down and get better. sending you lots of strength and patience!