Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Taking a break...

The house is finished and on the market. My DH and I drove to Dubuque, IA on Friday for a soccer game that our son was playing in. Then on Saturday we drove to Chicago, but first we stopped in Genoa, IL to visit a winery. It was EXCELLENT and we had a great time.

We arrived in Chicago around 2:30 and called our son. We drove to his apt. and picked him up. We went to have an early dinner at "Art of Pizza" (YUMMY) and spend time with Kev. Kev and I gave DH grief about being "unemployed" (he is done at his old job and starts his new job one week from today) and not pulling his weight in the family! LOL...dh says he's on vacation! I said, VACATION??!!!!!!!!!!! You don't have an office, no phone number, no computer, no blackberry...and you are on VACATION???!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like unemployed to me! ROFL!!!

Anyway, after dropping our son off at his apt. we went to a brewpub near our hotel and had a couple of beers. Then back to the hotel and watched a movie.

Today we are going to go to "Trader Joe's" and buy some groceries that we can't get in KS. Our son plays at 7:00 tonight and then we are going to "The Rail" for ten cent chicken wings. Tomorrow we drive home. DH and our youngest are going to a concert tomorrow night and I'll enjoy having the house to myself!

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Laurie Quilts said...

Have fun at "Trader Joe"s" that is my favorite grocery store. I love their parmesan cheese and tofu and hummus and etc, etc......
Sounds like you had a good weekend! Enjoy the time dh is on vacation!