Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A GREAT DAY!!!

Yesterday was a GORGEOUS day in Minneapolis. I have no clue what the high temp was but I'd guess it got in the low 60's, there was no wind and a bright blue sky! GORGEOUS!!!

Steve and I had an AMAZING day. We left the apartment at 12th St. and Marquette around 11am and walked straight to the Mississippi river. Took a right and ended up at Town Hall Brewery which is on the other side of Interstate 35. Had lunch and a couple of beers before heading back down the river and walked to St. Anthony, Nicollet Island, Boom Island, and finally crossed the river on the Plymouth bridge. Finally we headed back into downtown and towards the apartment when Rock Bottom Brewery's awning called my name and in we went. Had too many beers and watched the NCAA basketball games. The bartenders there are so AWESOME...the 4:00 shift came on and that's why we had 2 more beers after closing out the earlier tab...Steve was talking books/music with one of the bartenders! LOL...We figured it was about an 8-10 mile walk.


Today we'll walk to the Metrdome to as well to watch 2 NCAA Regional Bball games. KU plays at 1:30 so we're gonna root for the hometown boys!!! GO KU!!! (Pictures will follow in the next few days...I didn't bring the digital when I left home and had to buy a disposable...stay tuned!!!)

2 comments:

Barb said...

Laurie, it is so great to see you enjoying your time walking all over the city with Steve! You deserve this time dear friend...enjoy, enjoy! H/LY

Mary Johnson said...

We were out and about Saturday and Sunday too...but Saturday was definitely warmer and we ate lunch outside at the Bulldog.

We love the Rock Bottom Brewery but haven't been in a few months. We like to eat there at the bar.