Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rough Day

I got a call from my DH today while working at Old Chicago. I was busy so didn't answer the actual call but the server who did said my husband was on the phone. I knew it wasn't good news cuz DH NEVER calls OC for me.

DH said someone had died. I couldn't catch the name cuz DH's voice cracked. I had to ask DH who died and he said it was Mark Lindblad. He was dh's business coach for the past 10+ years.

Mark was so amazing because he never told DH what to do. He always could put things into question form so DH could figure it out on his own. He was a gentle giant who came to some of my kids' USA Cup soccer games in order to meet with dad. DH even shared a recent email (that I sent to him) with Mark. DH said Mark had tears in his eyes after reading it and said this is what life is all about.

Mark died yesterday unexpectedly of a heart attack. DH was choked up about it while talking to me on the phone. Our hearts are heavy. Mark was only 55 and he was an amazing human being.

I had just asked DH this morning if he had contacted Mark about meeting up again. DH was going to email him later today, but instead got a phone call from Mark's daughter telling him about her dad's death.

Life shouldn't be taken for granted and we should live each moment to its fullest. It makes me want to move ASAP to Mpls and be with DH.

Here's the link to the obit
http://www.legacy.com/StarTribune/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=125207733

Please keep the family in your prayers. Life has been full of sadness lately...
Thanks!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I am sorry Laurie...it is just so painful to lose someone, especially when it is a long time trusted friend. Please know my thoughts are with you and Steve during this time, and I understand the need to just be with Steve...enough with the time apart!

jacquie said...

oh laurie, i'm so sorry for you and your hubby. such a loss for you. prayers and hugs!