Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Saturday, February 18, 2006

30 LASHES WITH A WET NOODLE FOR ME!!!

OH...I was BAD...VERY VERY BAD!!! I met up with my sister Wed/Th of this past week and we did some damage at the local quilt stores! YES SIREE...I said to hell with stash reduction...I NEED S.E.X.!!! The first pic is of fabric for 2 quilts. The fabs on the left are for a basic HST lap for our family room...the stripe is YUMMY (golds/reds/purples/creams/browns/greens)!!!!!!!! And that shop had AMAZING amounts of moda marbles...couldn't resist it! ;o) The fabrics on the right are for our king bed. I could NOT resist the paisley...it is such a rich fabric! I am going to make 16" Ohio Stars using the paisley as the center, the cream as the background and the green as the star points. Then I will sash it with 4" sashing strips using the red and the cream as cornerstones. The paisley will be the border and binding.




















This picture is of firemen fabrics that I found! My youngest wants to be a fireman when he grows up (he's almost 17) and when I find cool fabrics like this I just CANNOT resist them! I told him I probably have enough fireman fabrics for a king size quilt! LOL















And lastly, these fabrics literally JUMPED into my arms...I AM NOT KIDDING...THEY LEAPED INTO MY ARMS!!!!!!! There is a very simple pattern using the focus fabric (top left) in 12" squares and the half yard cuts as squares/rail fence units to make a very quick quilt. The floral panel and floral fabric at the bottom are going to be the backing! AWESOME HUH?????!!!!!!!!! ;o)




















SO...I know I BLEW my stash reduction theory out of the water...but I have been SO good for SO long! I was DUE for a great S.E.X. time!!!

I'm off to finish quilting the quilt in my previous post! It's freezing here and I am staying HOME...a quilty day for me!
Hugs
Laurie

18 comments:

Jeanne said...

Heeheehee -- atta girl, Laurie!!!
Jeanne :)

Hunter said...

Too beautiful. I was looking at that floral pattern yesterday when I ordered the stained glass.

I'm glad I don't have a great quilt store around. Things would be jumping into my arms, too. ;)

I can hardly wait to see the quilts that you create from these fabrics.

Hugs.
Darilyn

Granny said...

Laurie, I want to go shopping with you. I want to see that fabric JUMP into your arms. I must say . . you did a great job but you have such a good eye for fabric. The stripe in the first group is fantastic. The paisley .. I looked at a very similar paisley at the LQS a couple of weeks ago but didn't get it. The firemen fabric is going to be put to great use so you surely can't be held accountable for buying that one.

And, the flower fabrics look like spring and I think we all need a dose of spring so . . you get an A+. Stashbusting can be resumed next week. :)

Judy L.

Unknown said...

Yummy, yummy ... love your choices, waiting for the pics. Whatta gal ...

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hummmm, you have been right out straight this past month with your kids, I really think you needed this "pick-me-up".

The thing that impresses me is that you already know exactly what you are going to do with these fabrics, amazing! I often just buy random fabrics and then don't have an exact selection that "works". Your groupings are wonderful!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Debby Brown said...

I've noticed that fabric jumps off shelves often at my local quilt shop. How does this happen? Mice? Springs? Little men? Not that I mind, but I'm surely curious.

;-)

Finn said...

What great fabric Laurie!! Sorry if I lean too close to those firemen, but they are HOT!! *VBG* I love the "leaping" fabric too..wow, is that gorgeous! And the colors you picked for you bed and the other quilt..very rich looking..you're going have fun girl!

Cher said...

you go Laurie! with those fantastic fabrics and quilt ideas already...you will be cranking them out and having such fun living at your sewing machine! Great selection of color and prints and I can hardly wait to see the firemen quilt...you deserved this experience! The fabric knew how much you would love them-how could they help themselves?

Mary Johnson said...

I've been good up to now but I'm afraid I'm going to fall off the wagon too at the Mid Atlantic Quilt Show next week. They always have great fat quarter packs for sale.

Patti said...

Sometimes we just have to have something new. I think everyone here can relate to that. You done good, girl! And look how happy you feel. Worth falling off the wagon for.

Passionate Quilter said...

hey--sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do! :) And since you already know what you are going to do with them and if you do them soon, they won't even join your stash! It's kind of like the 10-second rule in food falling to the floor, if you eat it within 10 seconds, it's like it's never been there! So there you go. heeheehee

Nancy said...

I must admit I would have been bad too, as those are some luscious fabrics you have there!

Fisher said...

Sometimes it's just soooooo good to be soooooo bad.

Marilyn said...

Laurie,
You go girl! These are all great fabric choices, and they will make stunning quilts. Make sure you add these to your list. ;-)

Marilyn
P.S. Yes, I know Sandy. She is in my guild. If you look at the first picture on my post about the retreat, you will see her standing up in the background telling Jan how to arrange her block. :-)

Laurie Ann said...

Love the brights and flowers! Fun! Now get back to work on those pineapple blossoms and beer taps!! :)

Samantha said...

Glad you had fun with the S.E.X.- good thing you were there to catch thosefabrics as they lept off the shelves or someone might have been hurt ;-)

Anonymous said...

you enjoy every comment on here, i see.... i bet you don't even READ every comment... you suck at life and you're a blatant liar. You have real problems if you actually believe that inanimate objects like bolts are capable of jumping into your arms.. i read that and i expected a story of them being technically launched into your arms... which would've still made you a liar because you used the word literally in a literally impossible scenario... and at no point in this post did you explain what S.E.X. stands for.... S. uck E. rect co X. you lying whore. I'd give you 30 more lashes with my own wet noodle but you'd enjoy that too much so I'll employ some reverse psychology here... You're the one who must now give ME 30 lashes with a wet noodle. None for you, ALL FOR ME.... I'm placing my bare bottom on my screen as soon as I finish this paragraph and hit post. Lash away at your soonest convenience; you just imagine a big picture of my bottom on your screen and start lashing, and the computer pretty much takes care of the rest. I will be the one counting, so if you go over 30 lashes, you'll be wasting precious energy you could have spent sitting in front of a sewing machine, because as soon as I feel the 30thlashing, I am pulling my pants back up and cooking breakfast after I verify 30 welts on my bottom in the mirror, checking of course in every possible location that one could have landed. Go F.U.C.K. or whatever it is that you do. I came here expecting a gallery of hi-res videos of you and your sister being "VERY VERY BAD" together and all I get is a chance to be heard and a few lashes with a wet noodle. Yes, I know I just stretched the definition of "few" so you may add one or two extra lashes, at your discretion.

Anonymous said...

you say fabric is yummy... have you ever munched carpet to see if it's yummy too? You know they call it carpet because people walk all over it in their socks and then sit down on it in front of the TV and fart into it while watching the cosby show....