Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I barely survived!!!

Well, THANK GOD FOR HILLARY...we ent on a wait list for lunch today...that is UNHEARD of on a M-W...I would've been a basket case and in tears if I would've been alone! I asked for help tomorrow as well. I might also work Friday to get more training...it takes me FOREVER to do "to go" orders cuz I don't know the "Aloha" (the machine that has all the food in there and tells the kitchen what to make).

I will survive...but I need more training! Now to put my tired dogs up and watch my DVR of Dr. Phil!

Hugs,
Laurie

7 comments:

Patti said...

Just barely surviving is better than not surviving at all! You are very courageous to try this new career. I think food servers are among the least appreciated workers. I'm glad you're going to get more help tomorrow.

Granny said...

Laurie, you'll get the hang of it. It's so much to learn. It's going to click and then you're going to wonder why you allowed youreslf to get so frustrated. You'll be fine! You can do this!!

Judy

Jeanne said...

{{{{Laurie}}}} Each day will be a little easier than the day before. Hang in there!
Jeanne

Finn said...

It sounds so hard Laurie, but you hung in there..it will get easier..*VBS*

Thanks for the lovely comments over at my place..and about Minnie's room/ I was Disney World, Orlando for a week in Sept. Went(by myself) to celebrate my 565th birthday..had a ball!!! If it's a pic you want, I can send you one from my photo file..just hollar. *S*

Cher said...

oh poor you! hope next time goes easier...and as the training kicks in..you will get it faster...lots of hugs

quiltpixie said...

hang in there... you've beaten the first hurdle called survival...

Hunter said...

I know just what you're going through. In my previous lives I've always done desk work. Since we retired and moved here, I've done all kinds of things I've always wanted to try.

I worked in a book store and a grocery store. I tried sales (I officially found out what I've always known. I couldn't sell space heaters to penguins at the North Pole.) My Dear Mom was right. You don't know what work is until you work on your feet.

Rest those feet and relax. You're going to be great.

Hugs to those toes.
Darilyn