Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday...what will be on your plate? ;o)

Today is the big game! I am not rooting for any team in particular. I basically ask for an entertaining game every year and rarely is it delivered! I do LOVE those commercials though!

Today I have to pick up some lettuce and tomatoes that I forgot for one of our appetizers. I make the world's FATTIEST foods for today and we only have this stuff on Super Bowl Sunday! So I do indulge myself! YES I DO!!! I will probably consume 3-4 days worth of calories in one meal today! Well, maybe not THAT many...but it's a TON!!! It is guilt free eating for me too!!!

If I have time I will work on my pineapple blossom. I have the inside done...I'm debating adding more blocks. When I planned it I forgot how many blocks I was going to do in the center...I have enough 3.5" squares cut out yet for I believe about 10 more blocks...it would require more strip cutting though...thus the debate! LOL

I thought I'd share pics with you of Kevin's graduation gift from last May. I don't like the plain, same size block t-shirt quilts so I design each one individually. So they are all unique!!! The back just HAD to have his shorts he made in 7th grade home ec, and his dirty, STINKY, lucky soccer socks that were thread bare!!! I had to soak those socks in Murphy's Oil soap for a week before I would put them on the back!!! The longarm did NOT like those areas either! Too much bulk!!





Here is another t-shirt quilt that I made for Kevin's ex-girlfriend for her graduation gift. You see how each is unique!!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Silverthimble said...

Excellent job on the t-shirt quilts. I am curious what thread you used to quilt with and what you used to stabilize the blocks.

Laurie said...

Norma...I use a very lightweight fusible interfacing to stabilize the shirts, making sure that the give on the interfacing goes in the opposite direction of the give on the tshirts. As for thread...I think I used Rainbows by Superior for quilting. Piecing was just Star thread. Hope this helps.
Laurie

Cher said...

fun, fun tee shirt quilts! I have one on my to do list for this year..thanks for sharing

Granny said...

Laurie: The back of Kevin's quilt is so neat! I love the way you make all the blocks different so they aren't set so square!

Judy

Laurie Ann said...

Great quilts! Good food probably helped to make the game better. I was rooting for the Hawks and so was sad they lost. Some good commercials though!

Kairle Oaks said...

Laurie
That quilt will have me giggling all day! What a treasure!!!
Kairle

Samantha said...

I LOVE the socks on the back!!! What a great idea!! (The quilt itself is great as well!

Mary Johnson said...

Cute T-shirt quilts. Aren't they fun. I made one for my son for graduation from college but I just used the same size blocks and sashed them.

The Calico Cat said...

Cool quilts - I love how you included the socks & shorts!