Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Life has been stressful...

No quilting has been done because life has been stressful. The past 48 hours have turned our lives upside down. We'll survive...cuz we are strong...but it still sucks.

In a nutshell, our daughter was evicted from the house she lived in at college and we had to rent a truck and move her back home. She had nowhere to live and no job. She made a major mistake and paid a hefty price. Kids at school are taking the truth and making a HUGE LIE out of it. Basically, they are trashing her. She is a great person with a huge heart and she made a mistake. Unfortunately, people are taking it and making it WORSE than it was.

DH and I have been handling her ups and downs emotionally and telling her that her real friends will come out. And it's happening. We've also told her to ignore all the CRAP...it'll go away. All I can do is hug her while she cries.

And this morning I cried in dh's arms and said "I just want someone to take care of me...I'm tired of taking care of everyone." It felt good to cry!

Tomorrow I hope to get some quilty things done...we'll see if that happens!
Hugs,
Laurie

10 comments:

Hunter said...

Ah, shoot. There doesn't seem to be anything I can say to help.

Sending hugs and warm thoughts your way.

Darilyn

Mary Johnson said...

I'm sorry things are such a struggle right now.

Quilting has helped me through some difficult times over the last several years so try to take some time for yourself.

Unknown said...

Aww.... :( I'm sorry. Thankfully, she's got a great mom and dad, and you've got a great husband.

((((HUGS)))) You know where I am if you need to vent. :)

Hugs,
Melinda

Jeanne said...

{{{{{Laurie}}}}} It's hard to be a parent! :( Keeping you in my thoughts.

Cher said...

(((Laurie)))) life can suck sometimes-and although you know it will pass, boy, is it hard when it's one of your children suffering! Hope you can spend some me time doing quilting...refresh your heart.big hugs...

Patti said...

Sending lots of hugs your way Laurie. How awful for all of you. I think the process of growing up is the hardest thing a person has to do. I'm glad her true friends are appearing to offer their help. This too shall pass . . . .

Kairle Oaks said...

Boy, it sure is hard to watch our children suffer isn't it? I'm so sorry that it has come at a time when you are already under a lot of stress. I'm sending good thoughts your way...maybe I should send chocolate instead! :-)
Kairle

Granny said...

Laurie, I'm so sorry you're all going through this. I hope things are much better since we last talked. It's so hard on parents when the kids are hurting and I know she is hurting terribly. I've thought about you a whole bunch . . if that helps.

Judy

The Calico Cat said...

I wish I could give you a big hug.... Maybe making a quilt just for your self will help you - kind of like therapy....

Finn said...

so very sorry that more has fallen on you and DH's shoulders. And sorry I'm sooo slow in getting around to everyone's blog these days. I'm pretty sure you aren't alone in the "kids doing dumb stuff" department, but there's not much comfort in that..Sending big hugs and broad shoulders for you to lean on. I'll get better...*S*