Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I work by myself today...no more training...YIKES!

Today is my first day of working by myself. Well, actually not REALLY by myself...Hillary is scheduled from 10:30-2 but Paul is going to have her doing other stuff and be available if I get swamped and can't handle it! My tummy has butterflies in it and I have the typical "first day on my own" jitters. As I told dh and EB last night, I'll get thru this and tomorrow will be easier, next week will be easier yet and eventually I'll wonder why I was nervous at all! ;o) I am feeling a bit like I needed more training. 2 of my 4 days were with someone who isn't very good at being a host. And the 3rd day was OK, and the 4th day I was put in charge while Mara trained another new host. Baptism by fire!!! Think of me though!

I am officially the oldest employee at our Restaurant! We make our own name tags by using puffy paints over boring baseball looking tags. (I hope that made sense!) I know a lot of the employees because DD works there and they are all asking me what should they call me. I am thinking "Laurie" but they look uncomfortable with that. SO...here is a pic of my nametag! LOL...we'll see how it goes over today!
Have a great day and I'll check in when I get back!
Hugs
Laurie

5 comments:

Debra Dee said...

Your name tag is perfect. After all, who doesn't love their mom and mom always has to wait on and clean up after everyone. LOL

Jeanne said...

Good luck, Mom!
Jeanne :)

Cher said...

well, I am sure it went just fine!
but do tell *vbg*

Finn said...

I'm sure you will do just fine Laurie!! Love the name tag..good choice for what to call you. A mom who is not a mom..best of both worlds, I think..*VBS*

Granny said...

Oh, that's cute! They're going to love having you there . . you really will be mom to all of them soon!

Judy L.