Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Life's been B*U*S*Y

WHEW...life has been a trip lately!!! LITERALLY! LOL...from KC to Chicago to Minneapolis...then tomorrow it's to Bloomington IL to Chicago and Sunday it's back to KC! WHEW...I don't have a CLUE how many miles that is...but let's just say it's a TON! (just entered the info into mapquest and it says: 2081.14 miles once I get home on Sunday!!)

Last Saturday night it was Senior Night at North Park. We were honored to be presented at half time with our son Kevin who is in his last year of college (YIPPEE) and his final season of soccer (BOOHOO). What a great night it was!!! LOVE YOU KEV!!!

After Saturday's game and some play time in downtown Chicago on Sunday, DH and I headed back to Mpls for the week. Here was the gift God gave me Monday morning out of the 26th floor apartment here downtown! A GORGEOUS sunrise! Absolutely soothing to the soul!


Remember this post?...well, yesterday I spent time with my sister working on the quilt for the coach. This picture shows the North Park logo blown up and on the front window so we could be sure we got the pieces laid out properly on the background.! What a lot of little pieces! Patience was definitely needed here...but it paid off!!!
And here we have a picture of the Viking ship laid on and glued down on the background fabric. I will take it home with me and do the stitching and continue to embellish the quilt! What do you think? COOL huh? I'm excited to get this one finished!

Thanks for stopping by. Check back for more surprises on the NPU quilt!
I am off to shower and head to Target for more stuff DH needs in the apartment. Then I might check out a condo here in Mpls. I also have a lunch date with a girlfriend! WOOHOO!!!
OH...our house has been on the market 6 weeks now today. We had 4 showings in the first 2 weeks and not a single one since...that's 4 weeks without a showing. NOT GOOD! If you could shoot a little prayer for this housing market and economy to improve it'd be great. This living apart, 400+ miles apart, from dh is not fun!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great day!!

5 comments:

vonnie said...

You HAVE been busy.....and quite the traveler!! Good it isn't quite "snow time" yet! Safe travels and good wishes for your house to sell soon.

Ramona-quilter said...

i love that Viking ship. Vey striking.

Barb said...

Oh my gosh this is a full load in this blog entry ~ you rock girl! Enjoy and stay safe! Hope there is a buyer soon for your house! H/LY

jacquie said...

that's a LOAD of miles! i've got my fingers crossed for your house. congrats to you and your son...proud moment!

Rose said...

Laurie, I don't know where to begin...I cannot imagine all that travel in so short of a time...on top of so much other you have been doing.

Wow, on the quilt for the coach...sounds like things are moving right along.

Then there is that sunrise...to witness that would be worth all the travel. It is lovely beyond words.