Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, October 13, 2008

WOOHOO...I QUILTED!!!!!

After many many many days, a lot of them weekends, getting this house ready to be on the market, I FINALLY QUILTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It felt so good too!!! I am making a quilt for my son's college soccer coach. Kev is a senior this year and I wanted to make something special!

I used a pattern from Buggy Barn which will make the borders of the quilt. The center will be the Viking Ship from the university's website that I will get blown up a bit in order to fit inside the star border. I am taking the stars to Subway (near the university) tomorrow, before the game, so the boys can sign them. I bribed them by saying if they showed up I would buy them a $5 footlong sub! LOL...ya gotta do what ya gotta do...and I did NOT want to leave them with my son! NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Kev is responsible but I don't trust the boys to do it properly without my supervision! LOL I'm getting excited about this project!

I had a heck of a time finding bright yellows so I didn't do it scrappy...I used one yellow. Time is of the essence and I just didn't have time to go to a 4th or 5th LQS when they are over 30 mins away. This will have to do!!!
the yellow stars...
the white stars...
a sneak peak of what it might look like when it's done...
Can you tell what their school colors are? LOL

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh fun Laurie ~ I bet the bribe really would not have been needed, but fun just the same :>D !! Please do show the finished quilt, we want to see! H/LY

KnittySue said...

That is going to be such a cool looking quilt...I love the stars. Have fun and be sure to keep us up on how it goes..hey how about some pictures of them signing..since your buying.LOL

jacquie said...

so darling! they are going to be great signed!!!