Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Steam Dryer...

Remember the steam dryer in the previous post???? Well let me say this...I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy one of those things! I had a small load: 3 tshirts, 1 pair of shorts, 1 hand towel, my jammie bottoms, 3 pairs of undies, 1 bra, 1 pair of socks, and a nice shirt. I turned the dryer on for 40 mins on high heat. The clothes were still WET! Dh said, the lady said they would be damp to the touch. YEAH, DAMP not WET! SO, I turned it on for 120 mins while we went to dinner and the Eagles concert (amazing concert btw!!!). When we got back to the apt. around 11:30 the clothes were not as wet but still wet IMHO. SO...I took out the undies (they were dry), the socks, the bra, and turned it on for 20 more mins. STILL not damp to the touch. I wanted to go to bed so I took the clothes out and laid them across the back of some chairs and on the shelves in the bathroom so they would dry overnight.

UGH...dh will NEVER get his clothes dry...NEVER EVER EVER EVER with that thing! How can a person expect to fold damp to the touch clothes and not have them get moldy?????

I'll take my regular old dryer anytime...thank you very much!!!

4 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

All of a sudden having to buy based upon my space constraints does not sound so bad...

Barb said...

Hmmmmmm I guess I will stick with the traditional washer and dryer as two seperate appliances, I did wonder how that would work as one unit ~ NOW WE KNOW!! Enjoy the rest of your time in the city! H/LY

jacquie said...

good to know...i chose a stackable unit...i really looked at the all in one thing, but it seemed to weird to me. now i'm so happy i didn't get it.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Might need a service call - we have one of those in our RV and it works like a charm for small loads (ie - no multiple pairs of jeans/heavy towels). It was great for the constant baby clothes washing that I put it through when SB was a baby. A simple rack to air dry jeans/towels is good to have though - in Austria our clothes rack is actually mounted on the top of the bathtub and folds into the wall - ingenious! But really, I would recommend seeing if the thing is under warranty and having a repair man look at it.
Cheers!
Evelyn